We delve deep into the world of writing and self-publishing a book with Richard Quis, and we’ll talk about his latest book, “Thinking Anew”
Richard F. ( Dick ) Quis is an author, publisher, fine artist, a blue water sailor, body surfer and investment banker. An auditor by background he went from being a deal breaker to a deal maker. He’s the Managing Director of Sierra Trading Company, a mergers and acquisition advisory firm with broad access to global investors.
Self help author and independent publisher, Dick Quis, found a company in China to print his book Thinking Anew: Harnessing the Power of Belief. Quis will share his thoughts on why he believes writing a book is a creative act, but selling and marketing a book is an entrepreneurial endeavor.
Discussion and Interview
1. What is your opinion of the fact that it is so easy to self publish these days?
2. Your latest effort, Thinking Anew. Tell us about the book.
3. How can writing can help ease stress?
4. The creative side – Putting the book together
- Editing – English teachers
- Cover design and book layout – need a professional here – very expensive software, learning curve, we used Duncan Long
- Copyright page – is it your book or the publishers?
- Copyright application
The business side – book selling and marketing to saturated markets
Traditional publishers for self help books such as Hay House, Hazelden
5. What advice would you have for others desiring to self-publish?
For more information contact Dick though his webite.