This week Daniel J. Lewis from Noodle.mx joins John and Nicholas on the show. They discuss: Google’s new search UI, Call of Duty games will soon be streaming live on YouTube, battery saving update to Google Chrome, Verizon 4G expanding and Jam With Chrome.
Daniel J. Lewis is a web-design entrepreneur and professional podcasting consultant. He personally hosts podcasts about clean comedy, how to podcast and use Audacity, and the Once Upon a Time TV show. His Noodle.mx Network also offers podcasts on Christian worldview and personal productivity.
1. Simpler Google Search UI
Next time you search (probably in the next couple minutes), you will see a slightly different desktop UI. Google has simplified the search page and what used to appear on the left is now on the top.
2. Stream Call of Duty on YouTube Live
YouTube will soon be allowing Call of Duty users to stream gameplay live.
- Chrome version 23.0.1271.64 enabled GPU-accelerated video for Windows. This means more decoding is handled by the lower-power-consuming graphics chip instead of the CPU.
- For MacBook Pro users, this still has the opposite effect as Chrome will activate the discrete GPU instead of the low-power onboard GPU.
- Chrome 23 also offers much easier per-site permissions (such as allowing images, popups, scripts, etc.), and a new “do not track” request sent to websites that may or may not do anything with it.
4. Verizon 4G Rollout Will Be Complete In 2013
Verizon says its 4G network will be as large as its current 3G network by mid-2013.
5. Jam With Chrome
Head over to JamWithChrome.com and you can put together music with friends.
Google At A Glance on Google+
John – Google+ Twitter
Guest Daniel J. Lewis
iTunes | Stitcher Radio | Blackberry | iOS App | Android App | RSS | Contact
Listener line @ 661-750-2321 Live Thursday’s 10pm Live