It’s hard to believe that New Years is only a few months away. Between now and then retail businesses look forward to their strongest buying season of the year and service professionals look forward to ending the year strong.
So what should you be doing starting now? Well, today’s LinkedIn Lady Show will answer those needs and give 7 specific HOT and easy-to-implement marketing tips that every business and entrepreneur can use.
Just to remind you how important the holiday season is to year-end sales, let’s review some of the statistics from last year:
- In 2015, 40% of holiday shopping occurred online
- S. retail eCommerce grew 16.6% during the 2015 holiday season over 2014
- 72% of millennials research online before heading to brick and mortar stores
- 93% of shoppers take action for free shipping
- Email marketing drover 27.3% of orders on Black Friday
- Small Business Saturday spending topped $16.2 billion (14% increase over 2014)
- S. Cyber Monday sales generated $3.07 billion
- S. in-store shoppers were down in 2015 over 2014 as online sales increased
- 74% of shoppers say they are influenced by coupons and offers online
- Over 2 million social media ‘discussions’ on retailer channels happened on Black Friday
For my service professionals, there is much to be learned from this information and I promise to share ideas for you to not only end the year strong, but also ensure a record-breaking 1st quarter in 2016.